Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Pro Elite headset

KC0EM
KC0EM Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have a Heil Pro Elite headset I would like to use with my Flex. I visited a couple of ham dealer websites this morning and could not see an adapter for it to my Flex 6300. I’m sure someone else must be using this headset and wonder if I’ve have to a make one or there’s one available on the market someplace. I assume the “Default ProSet HC6” is the proper profile to use? Thanks for you help.

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Use a Yaesu adapter.  If I recall correctly, the Heil part number is AC-1Y.

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited February 2016
    This is correct.  You can call Flex and order one too-I did since they did not offer just the adaptor on their website.

• Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Heil Radio makes the adapters and can be ordered over the phone. The web site is http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/accessories/headset-adapters for the adapters and phone number.  I have to caution you to be mindful of the alignment notchs of the male and female Foster connectors. Believe me, more than one person has misaligned these connectors.

I would start with the Proset 6 setting and tweak it from there to fit your voice and what you like to hear. It's OK to listen to what other hams say about your audio but there are many many variables on what is heard on different radios.

Ken
    W0KRD
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'm using that exact headset with my FLEX-6500 and previously on my FLEX-6300... mine in the NON Ic headset, if you have the Ic model headset it's a different adapter.

Pro Set Elite - 6 contains the Heil HC 6 full range dynamic broadcast element. The HC-6 is designed for commercial broadcast applications; the -3dB points are fixed at 100 Hz and 12.5 kHz, with sensitivity of -57 dB at 600 Ohms output impedance (centered at 1kHz). Using new dynamic technology, the HC 6 response can be equalized to match just about any requirement, from full range commercial broadcasting to serious contest and DXing. 

it is the "yellow" adapter.. here is a link to AES where I got mine:
    http://www.aesham.com/cables/heil-ad-1-y/
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have the Heil Pro 7 headset with the Yaesu adapter and use the Pro Set 6 settings without modification. Nobody has complained about my audio. Don't forget that you will need to use an adapter to get the 3.5mm headphone plug to fit the 6.3mm socket on your FlexRadio. I also have a Heil hand PTT switch with a 6.3mm mono plug. David G4NRT .
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for their help. I had an adapter I had gotten someplace for the headphone part of the headset, so I used it. I love the way you can tailor the received sound using the Flex. It has helped a great deal in some of the CW contacts I've made. Particularly, when the elements are sent with very narrow spacing. I can eliminate the "run together" feeling of the sound. I suspect this may have something to do with my hearing problems. I use hearing aids. I am told the type of hearing loss I am experiencing is due to the fact I was exposed to loud sharp noises – gunshots, explosions, and etc.

73 & Great DX

"VC"

KC0EM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.