Heil Mic

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
I have a Heil Pro Set head set with the AD1-i   and  ICM  Icom Microphone,  for Icom radios .

The Flex mic is Yaesu pin out .
Could I wire the 8 pin plugs to match the Flex pin out ? 
Will the ICM mic sound ok for a flex radio ? 

Photo of W7NIK

W7NIK

• 65 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Brian Morgan VK7RR/4

Brian Morgan VK7RR/4

• 93 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Yes and yes. I have used a Heil mike on my Flex 6500 since day one.  Play around with the tx equalisation to get the sound that you like best out of your Heil mike, then set that as one of your transmit profiles so each time you use it, you don't have to reinvent the wheel, just engage that profile.
Photo of W7NIK

W7NIK

• 65 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I thought the ICM heil desk top mic requires voltage to work ? So if I wire it for Yaesu will the 6300 provide voltage to the ICM mic? The heil pro set headset I ordered the AD-y for the maestro . Thank you for the help .
Photo of Michael N3LI

Michael N3LI

• 252 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
It will work FB for the Maestro.

What I did for mine was avoid the adapters altogether, and put the Maestro  stereo plugs on the Heil Headset. 
Photo of VE3DZP

VE3DZP

• 58 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I bought the MFJ-1263 Mic/ radio switch and toggle between my Heil  Pro 7 and my Inrad mic. No need to rewire your mics as all done with jumper internally.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 376 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
It will work fine, I have used the ICM on my Flex with no problems once your rewire the mic plug.
In the main settings menu, radio menu, Phone/CW, turn off +20DB and enable BIAS.
Use the mike equalization for best sound.