Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil HM-12 Microphone Cable

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
I am looking at purchasing a Flex 6500. I already use a Heil HM-12 microphone on a Elecraft K3. What microphone cable would I need to purchase so that the HM-12 would be compatible with the Flex 6300 or Flex 6500?

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The CC-1-Y Yaesu adapter will allow you to connect to the front panel MIC jack.  I don't know if the HM-12 has a balanced output to go to balanced cable to the rear jack or not, but if so you could check that with the Heil folks. 
  • Dan Zimmerman
    Dan Zimmerman Member
    edited January 2017
    Flex uses the same pinout as Yaesu for the foster mic jack.  Heil has premade cables.  You might also want to look into a cable for the balanced line mic input on the rear of the flex.  I also have the HM-12 and have been pleased with it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017

You would need the following cable to connect the HM-12 to the 8-pin Foster connector on a FLEX-6000.
    http://cart.flexradio.com/HM-PRO-Mic-Cable-for-8-pin-Foster-connector_p_38.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.