Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil headset

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I want to use my heil Pro Set headset with my 6400 I purchased the Yaesu AD-1-y Adapter and the ACC-8p-TRS from Flex which is 8pin to 1/8 TRS and RCA plug. I want to use Vox no PTT . Need some help on where to plug what where.

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    How do you have the VOX set???
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    the vox is on 50 delay is on 12 dexp on 70 . As you know the 6400 has a ptt rca, a mic 1/8trs & phone 1/8trs. the cable I got from Flex has 8 pin plug which connects to the Yaesu adapter from heil the other end of the cable from flex has a 1/8 trs plug and a 1/8 rca plug. my headset has a 1/8trs plug and a 1/8TS plug that I  use a 1/4 trs plug . when plug the cable together and plug the 1/8 rca plug into the ptt and the 1/8 plug into the mic the 6400 keys up. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    As long as you are getting audio to the radio, so when you key up using PTT and there is audio showing in the transmition then vox should work.
    Are you seeing good audio reflection on the audio meter?
    Make sure vox is turned on and keep moving the vox slider till it triggers as you talk.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Maybe this will help.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/heil-proset-elite-headset-adapter-for-6400m

Make sure the bias is off and the headset is not an IC for Icom radios.
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Rick where do I turn the Bias off
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Settings . . . Radio Setup . . . Phone/CW
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for all the help fellows Pro Set 4 plugged right up . 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.