Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Headset with Flex 6500

WP3C
WP3C Member ✭✭
Hi everyone Someone that can help, I connect my Headset and as soon as Inconncet it start to change the frequency. I put a hand mic ( Yaesu) and works well. If someone have info about how gangs the connection of the headset to make it work with my 6500 I will really appreciate it. Thanks imageimage

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    SOME Heil connectors will fit the 8-pin foster connector 1 pin off, I have seen this happen because of this. the connections on the Yellow/Yaesu adapters is usually fine if they haven't been changed with the exception watch the chassis ground being tied to the mic element - minus lead and causes RF on mic audio sometime's.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yes. Some of them would even go in upside dow in the early days. Look carefully. Also be sure that the Heil adapter is for Yaesu or Flex. The Kenwood and Icom ones are wired differently.
  • Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wire it for a yaesu ftdx 3000 Google diagrams
  • WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Before the FLEX I used it with a Yaesu FTDX3000
  • WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I already solved the problem. Thank you all
  • Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well share the issue so others will know
  • WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I had the black wire in # 8 and the white wire in # 1, I switch it and it worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.