Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil HC6 and 6400M. Can it be connected directly or do I need an adapter for the Microphone side?

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
If I need an adapter where do I get the correct one? I see in another thread there is onw from Amazon but the question of "is the ring floating" was not answered. I would like to use my Heil HC6 headset once in a while. 

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Rick I just went thru that yesterday as well. Ended up with the MFJ-1263 Mic control . Now can use my Kenwood MC-90 and my Heil Pro7. I just cut the provided  Cat cable and and put the 1/8" plug on the mike and the headset to the back. Gary VE3DZPimage
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What is the model number of the device you have your microphone plugged into?? It looks like a MFJ part?? So I presume that interface plugs into the rear of the 6400?? 
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OK, figured out what the MFJ part number is! MFJ-1263
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Flex should have one or can make one up. Look on their website
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think I might have a solution. Flex sold an adapter for the 6300 to use the Heil Proset HC6. It was an 8 pin round female to female 1/8 jack. Not sure if it is floating ground like Tim says or not but it worked with the 6300. I had to buy an adapter for the 6400. An 8 pin round male / phono-1/8 plug to connect the cable that went to the cable for the PR 781. So with the (yes 2) adapters I think it will work.
    The thing is I do not see the adapter for the 6300 / HC6 anymore on Flex's site.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

My Heil Proset came with trs on the phones and ts on the mic connector both 1/8" plugs. This morning after reading someone else had success with no adapter I plugged the phones trs into the phones jack on the 6400m and the monaural 1/8" mic plug into the mic 1/8" jack on the back of the 6400M.

My settings are Bias Off

+20db

Mic gain set at 54 currently.

Worked like a champ no adapter even needed!

WARNING THOUGH: Do not ever turn on Mic Bias without an adapter since basically with this setup the Ring and Sleeve are connected together.

YMMV - Another adapter cord not used and tossed in the drawer  since I changed from the HM12 Mic and purchased cord :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.