Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil GM-5 8 pin Adapter ?

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
Can I purchase an Adapter to use my Heil GM 5 mic with my 6600? So I just received my 6600. Am a former K3 user that used this mic with and want to continue to use with new radio. I called Heil Sound and they do not sell any type of adapter to convert to a 1/8 TRS and did not know of anyone that did. I'd prefer to buy a ready made adapter. So how are folks handling this problem??? Do you know of a source for an adapter??  I looked through previous posts on Heil mics and really did find a specific answer
Paul
w2eck

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Bret - tnx for the information, have one on order

Paul
    w2eck
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have the heil pro set hc 5 headset and used it with my K3 and thought the same as you i would need the adapter but the headset will plug straight in the back of my 6400 don't know about the 6600 and it works great.
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Don - I have the same Heil headset but when I  did use with the K3 only used the phones not the mic. With the Heil GM5  mic, the only connections are an 8 pin plug and the PTT 1/8 female socket.. Thanks for responding 

Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.