Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil 781 for Maestro...cable?

Joseph Hill
Joseph Hill Member
edited April 2019 in Maestro
I want to order a Heil 781 to use with my Maestro/6400.  Anybody know the correct cable I will need?  There are lots of choices and the dealers are giving me inconsistent answers.  I am planning on getting the Heil boom and Heil shock mount too.  Thanks.
Joe

Answers

• K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    To use the PR781 Mic with a Maestro, you would likely need the Heil CC-1-XLR-YM.  It's a Modular 8-pin adapter with Yaesu Pinout to XLR Plug.  I'm not sure what would be needed with the 6400.  I would call Heil Sound and ask them.  THey are very helpful.  73, Dave, K1DLM
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks David.
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited April 2019
    let me ask you guys a further question so the cable that goes from the Heil 781 to the maestro is a different cable that goes from the Heil 781 to the flex 6400 so for a base station microphone on a boom and I am I better off plugging the microphone into the Maestro or into the 6400 add another question is as a maestro user can I plug the microphone into the 6400 if I'm always using the maestro
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My Shure 55 is plugged into my 6500 balanced jack, and I am using the Maestro with no issues.  Not sure what the 6600 uses, but there are adapters to use it on multiple connectors.

Gene, K1GD
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2019
    Yes, they are different.  

If the radio is nearby, I would plug it in the radio and not the Maestro.  

Yes, you can select a Mic plugged into the radio while using the Maestro.
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Michael
  • Joseph Hill
    Joseph Hill Member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Maher

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.