Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heatsink

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Was not aware of the Heatsink problem or the RF Pre amp enhancement. How are users made aware of such issues ? 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    If your radio was one of the ones affected, you were sent an email from FlexRadio to the email address associated with your order informing you of the issue and how to sign up for receiving the PEN Update.
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim I did not get an email so my 6400 was not one with a problem correct?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Don, everything shipped on or after April 12, 2018 have all of the performance upgrades.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Did you use RadioWorld as your dealer?
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Tim I ordered from your web site received it on 04/20/18 so the mods may be in mine invoice # qb-23709 ser. 3 1518-6579-6400-1000
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2018
    You have the latest mods installed in your radio
  • VE5DMC
    VE5DMC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I purchased my radio from Radioworld in Canada. Should I send a request to the PEN email address or contact Radioworld directly. I received my 6400 in early March so I assume it requires the modification.
     ..Thanks, Dan
  • Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes Dan, contact Radioworld
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have received the mod for the heatsink a while back and took practically no time to install it. I took pictures while performing this mod and finally got time to post to my website, which by the way took longer. If you feel you need some extra photos in addition to the excellent video by flex, check this out: https://w6aer.com/flexradio-heatsink-upgrade-inside-tour/ I really hopes this helps somebody out and thank you once again FlexRadio for addressing this so quickly and professionally. Nicely done!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.