Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Headset recommendation for iPad pro

Mark Ferguson
Mark Ferguson Member ✭✭
Can any one make a recommendation for a headset to use on an iPad Pro for remote operation. I have been using the small headset provided from Apple but all the reports on my audio are poor. I am using a 6400M. Thanks in advance. Mark VE3IB

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mark I used a Logitech H800 BT Headset with my iPad.  With EQ adjustments I've gotten good audio reports with it.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Likewise, use a LT BT headset - good battery life.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Kenwood HA-5 best I found for voice-SSB ,AM,FM,CW
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Use the Blue Parrot 450 Noise canceling Mic/Headset Works Great as a BlueTooth Headset Can use it in a noisy environment like Starbucks and use IOS SDR with noise canceling and not Have background noise at Starbucks get transmitted Over Airways !!! Wish Flex would allow this BT Headset to work With the Maestro Best Noise Cancellation BT Mic/Headset out there Truckers use them on noisy roads as well !!!!! Mike
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have gotten good results with the standard iPhone wired ear buds unless the location was noisy. I have also used a Logitech Bluetooth headset with good results. In any case, any mic will require spending some time tweaking the TX EQ, Hi/Low Cut, and Mic Gain controls. I have found that on the IOS app I need to run significantly less gain than the “red zone” limit in order to avoid distortion.
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I have an H-800 as well. So comfortable I sometimes forget to take it off.
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited March 2020
    If you are looking for an up market bluetooth headset with good audio and excellent noise cancelling, my preference is the Jabra Evolve 75.

When using any bluetooth headset it is important to either use 5ghz WIFI or your mobile phone data network to avoid co-interference that can occur between 2.4Ghz WIFI networks and bluetooth devices, resulting in (subtly) choppy audio.

Tony

VK5TT
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Mark, I recently got my ipad working for the first time and as soon as I released the potential of the ipad I wanted a headset that would work on both my ipad and laptop that was in expensive.

I went for a 'Arama A600MP Cell Phone Headset Binaural with Noise Canceling Boom Mic' and have been very happy indeed and recive great audio reports.

On my ipad I had to turn off the +20db mic boost, I could not get it to sound any were near right until I did that. Once the +20db boost was turned off I could then quickly EQ the mic via XVTA running in FDX monitoring my own TX audio.

Link - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arama-A600MP-Cell-Phone-Headset-Binaural-with-Noise-Canceling-Boom-Mic-Fi...

Good luck

Paul M0AIA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.