Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Headset for iOS use?

2»

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is the one I use.  I got it from Radio Sport.  I amazing reports on it.  Not only that, it is great for just listening to your iPad or Android device.  He put full range drivers in the headset so you get full fidelity audio.  I use mine all the time now. 

Dave Bottom, sells them.  I don't see it on his web site yet, but you can contact him at http://www.arlancommunications.com/products/amateurRadio/.

Ask him for the RS55SL.  

Mike va3mw

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Here is a picture of his brochureimage

• WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I use a Logitec headset with boom mic and get great audio reports. Also use the Apple earbuds with good results. RX audio range is great for weak signals. Ive tried using my Jabra wireless earpiece, but the audio is real tinny and people report its missing lowend, no matter how i adjust the eq. I just orderred the Airpods and am waiting to get them. I like the wireless capability. Will see if they work as good as the wired version that comes with the iphone. Will report back after i get them.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I really like this. I may order one.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Earbuds don't work for me. They don't fit in my ears.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    While not inexpensive, it is incredibly comfortable.  I actually used it on the Maestro 1/2 of WPX and loved it.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    How is noise isolation?
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ria.  That looks like a really nice solution: what is the model of your headset, and are you still pleased with it?  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I stopped using it because I rarely get on iOS. That said it's just "logitech bluetooth headset."

It's not noise canceling. So now I use an Antlion ModMic 5 and a bose headset.

Ria

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thank you.
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited March 2018
    Ria, I bought a set like yours. I am running SmartSDR on a PC remote and can't get the microphone to transmit and work with the Flex 6700. Can you send me your Flex settings by email. Thanks!  rguidry at na5q.com

Roland
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Roland - I'll post them here because I want everyone to see them (knowledge benefits all).

SSDR must have "PC" set as the mic device. It's in the P/CW panel. 
    In Windows you should have the mic set as the default communications device. 

Ria

• Roland
    Roland Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Ria that worked, after I change Micro Array to Default and Microphone to Default Communication. image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.