Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heads up - I can't find my radio

Mike va3mw
Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in New Ideas
So, your radio was online yesterday but you can't see it today.  

The first thing to check is if your network adapter could changed from Private to Public which seems to be happening just a little more often this week.

https://photosync-app.com/photosync/en/help/connectivity/answers/how-to-change-the-windows-10-networ...

Thanks to this, you can end up with your Firewall on on your your personal network and therefor you can't see your radio.

You might want to look here first.  I have had more than 1 person reach out to us with this problem.   

Mike 

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I can't resist:

Do you remember where you put your radio yesterday or the last time you used it?

(sorry)
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yup, Mike is right. I was one with the Firewall set to Public (I don't know how) but when I set it to Private, bingo! Radio works now.
    Thanks again to Mike
    GL & 73
    W0KRD
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just a slight clarification.  The Network Adapter must be set to private or your firewall 100% off for all type of adapters. 

If this says Public, that is the type of setting you would use when you are at Starbucks.  

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
    FWIW, when Windows prompts you whether you want to enable sharing and making your Computer and files discoverable, this is what it ends up setting (i.e. if you answer yes, it puts you in Private network mode.  If you say no, it puts you in Public network mode -- I know.  Kind of backwards and confusing).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.