Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HDMI cable for 4K monitor

Michael Wheatley
Michael Wheatley Member ✭✭
I am running 3 monitors on my PC, one of which is a Samsung 40" 4K TV.  When I transmit with my Flex 6400 on 40M (anything above 5W) the Samsung screen goes black for the duration of the transmission,  This does not occur on other frequencies, nor does it occur on my other 2 monitors.

Obviously I have an RFI problem on my HDMI cable connection to the Samsung monitor.  I can kinda fix this by putting lots (8+)  ferrite beads on the HDMI cable.  The cable I am using is a run-of-the-mill 6' HDMI 2.0 cable from Amazon.

I'm looking for suggestions for 

1.  a better HDMI cable with better shielding.(if possible a source and manufacturer/model #)
2.  something better than 8+ ferrite beads

Michael Wheatley
KM6LHD

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think its more the monitor I had the issue with my LG monitor then switched to the TCL 4k 43" and no rf issues the monitor works great keeps on working when I transmit. It used to happen only when I used my KPA500 now with the TCL 4k as a monitor when I use 500-600 watts it has no effect on the TCL.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I find more often that the rf gets into the power cable, put the correct mix beads on that also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.