Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Having issues upgrading to SmartSDR CAT v1.2.17?

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
With SmartSDR v1.2.17, you must uninstall the previous version of SmartSDR CAT before installing SmartSDR v1.2.17.  If you do not, there is a possibility that the virtual serial port drivers will not load correctly.

This is the step-by-step procedure to use.

1.) Open SmartSDR CAT and make note of how your virtual com ports are defined.
2.) Close SmartSDR CAT
3.) Follow the procedure, Uninstalling SmartSDR CAT prior to SmartSDR v1.2.11 on page 12 of the SmartSDR v1.2.17 Release Notes.
4.) Reboot your PC.
5.) Install SmartSDR v1.2.17
6.) Reboot the PC when prompted.

Now you should be good to go.  You may have to e-create your virtual com ports after installing SmartSDR v1.2.17, but you will not have to do it for any subsequent SmartSDR CAT upgrade unless there is a driver upgrade, which is not likely.

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Please confirm that I must stop DAX and uninstall the previous version of SmartSDR to have the DAX drivers removed and replaced by the new install. 

It seems that if I don't do this I don't see the new drivers installed.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Wonderful!  it will be nice not to need to redefine all those CAT ports any more!  However, I have gotten so used to doing it that it only takes me about 2 minutes to define about 12 of them any more!  Thanks!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    DAX has not changed.  There is noting you have to do differently for it.
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Like Ken I find that redefining the CAT ports is a snap. Every once in awhile, I have to do it anyway as sometimes a dedicated port will open as a non dedicated port, so I have to delete it and then reinstall it as a dedicated port again. This has been the case since day 1. I have never found a convincing explanation, but as it only takes a moment to re-set it, it does not concern me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.