Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Have the PGXL got to the second hand market yet.

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
I know this will sound as a crazy question for almost everybody, but I was wondering if the PGXL has been seen in the second hand (Used) market?. I’ve not seen any ad or post with one in any of the usual networks.
For hams like myself (living outside the US and with certain budget constraints) is something we look up to normally. That was how I got to my current 6300, the Palstar HF autotuner (hit a jackpot with that) and my Acom 600.

73, Santiago 

Answers

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Wow,   I have had my PGXL for 6 months. Did a $%### lot of research before buying. It is my second amp (I still have my Elecraft KPA-500).  If you find one on the used market it would have to be a dire life/death need for money or an estate.  Best Amp ever!!.....good luck & 73
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I have only seen one PGXL that was sold used on qth.com

it is a solid performer, especially for contesting and SO2R operation.

Dave wo2x
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You can have mine for $9999 + S/H.
    Fully tested :)

Sergey, KN7K
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    And it would be even better with the missing antenna tuner.

Keith - AC9S
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    ROTFLMAO
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks - I just learned a new acronym!

Keith
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It's from the old BBS days and chat rooms.   
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I've also have only seen one PG-XL come up for resale, and if I remember correctly, it sold quickly, and for about the same price as retail.  This was back when it was taking approximately 2 years to get one.

I suspect you'll find that PG-XL's are as rare as hen's teeth on the used market.  I certainly wouldn't consider selling mine.

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I know, but it doesn't **** to be on the look out (I found a Palstar Autotuner, which are also rare -but not as rare as PGXL of course).

I'm budgeting for buying a PGXL sometime towards the end of this year, even if it means parting with some of my other equipments (Icom 7300 line and Acom 600s). 

Santiago

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.