Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Have a chance to buy a Downeast Microwave L144-28 will it work with my 1500

Downeast L144-28 low level -20DBBM common RF

Answers

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'd do it if the price is right!
  • Duane  N9DG
    Duane N9DG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Go to the DEMI website http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/ and then go to the product manuals section. There is a PDF manual there for the L144-28. They are very (re)configurable in the field. The manual is quite detailed.

With an IF radio like the 1500 I'd opt for a split IF and also reconfigure the drive level to be more than the -20dBm. The -20dBm TX drive level is typically what is needed for the JA brands. For the transverter port equipped Flex gear you will want to go with what the DEMI manual describes as "mid level" TX IF drive configuration. Once the drive level is reconfigured it will be pretty much plug and play with the 1500.

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    yes you can also add an attenuator to handle higher driver level too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.