Hats off to my flex 6500

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago

I have been on my flex 6500 since October. Setup here is the flex 6500 and a Comet rotary dipole on my roof at 40 feet. The dipole is trapped for 4 bands. 40/20/15/10 meters. With the flex auto tuner I can tune 12/17 meters and get a low swr. Usually I like to rag chew on cw, but lately been working a lot of dx (cw). Amazed how easy it is working split and using the panadapter screen  to make a contact. Also been using rf gain on the antenna 10/20db and the "apf" at times. A big plus.

What really want to say is " what a great rig". Been a ham for over 50 years and started in the navy as a radioman(in the mid 50's). All I can say is "what a great change"

Thanks Flex.........

Don...w2xb

Photo of Don

Don

• 72 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of John n0snx

John n0snx

• 229 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
Don... I have been a flex user for about 6 years and have seen  PowerSDR evolve and make the 1500,3000 and 5000 really shine. In May when they introduced the 6300 I switched over to the Signature Series SSDR... Oh what a radio... Liked the 6300 so much that in January I sold my thrusted 5000 and bought a 6500... What a fantastic line of radios.... SSDR is evolving just like PowerSDR did... its like getting a new radio with every update.... It only gets better... I have nothing but Praise for FRS.. my hat is off to them.... Keep up the good work and making the flex experience better and better..