Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has someone successfully configured SSDR 1.0 with SignaLink using Accessory jack on rear of a 6000.

Options
Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am on travel and unable to load SSDR 1.0 at this time. With Preview 16 I still needed Comp to get audio to drive RF power with configuration above. If anyone has been able to configure SignaLink with rear Accessory jack, using DIGI(U)L, no EQ, no Comp, please share! I am a far better critical care cardiologist than technical radio buff! Mike, N1MD

Answers

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am in your boat.... Comp needs to be on to get enough drive.
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SignaLink jp4 jumpered. Windows mixer (usb codec) set to max. 15pin connector used for ACC input. using WSJT-X for JT65, Pressing the tune on WSJT application, I can dial up to 100 watts out using tx control on siganlink. Using FLDIGI can get up to 80 watts out doing the same thing. (I never use over 30 watts in those modes). Comp OFF No EQ -Mike
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh! and using DIGI(U) in smartsdr 1.0. I got the same results in prev .16 but used USB not Digi(U)
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    One thing to note, the windows mixer setting for the application being used (fldigi for example) may not show in the mixer window until "tune" on the application is pressed at least once! -Mike
  • Brad - N6SPM
    Brad - N6SPM Member
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was having the same experience until a day or 2 ago. I have it working now without Comp on. After a bit of troubleshooting, I found that I *had not* seated the JP3 jumper that increases the Drive to the ACC connector. All was well after seating JP3 correctly. 73 Brad - N6SPM
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sorry, Brad's right, it's JP3!
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am setting JP3, no COMP, turn off RX and TX equalizers, and bump the power up to 60. (And don't forget to select ACC)
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Still no joy with out Comp Without JP3 - Windows USB codec speaker device at 100, Flex power slider 100, ACC, No Comp, RX & TX Eq off, Signalink TX max -- fldigi tune power unreadable on Flex power out With JP3 - Windows USB codec speaker device at 100, Flex power slider 100, ACC, No Comp, RX & TX Eq off, Signalink TX max -- fldigi tune power ~10w on Flex power out With JP3 - Windows USB device at 100, Flex power slider 100, ACC, Comp 50, Signalink TX adjustable -- fldigi tune power adjustable on Flex power out 0 to ~100 I'm sticking with Comp on
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When you first open the windows mixer and select speaker device (USB Codec) you will see nothing under the "applications" section of the mixer window. If fldigi is running, and you hit the "tune" button in fldigi, a new slider will appear marked "fldigi" on the application side of the mixer window (at least in windows 7). You must crank the fldigi slider to max, and it should retain that setting the next time you transmit from within fldigi. It works the same for other applications using the USB codec. -Mike
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    fldigi in the mixer window has been at maximum
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't know. You're doing everything right. Perhaps you should put up a suggestion for an input +20db selection for the audio input (similar to the mic +20 db) that could be implemented on the ACC input. That may help until they finish the DAX interface. -Mike
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have you tried leaving the TX EQ on and pushing all the sliders to the top?
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just as I expected the TX eq (+10db across the board) accomplishes the same thing as COMP (at 50).
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This past weekend I operated the WW DX RTTY contest with just cables between the 6700 and the sound card. - Splitter cable to take line out from the 6700 to line in on the sound card - Line Out (powered speaker output L/R) from the sound card to the ACC input Provided adequate drive with COMP OFF - level meter showing peak just at 0 - the measuring bar (red line) a few dB lower. If I used an isolation transformer like the in my Rig Blaster, I couldn't get enough audio drive via the ACC connector. Without isolation, the built in sound card in the computer gave a residual hum level of transmit at -95 dB - with the USB sound card/stick I have (ASUS X3), the residual hum level is -105 dB. Stu K6TU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.