Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has SSDR 2.0 been released?

Sorry if this has been announced already, but I've not been on the community lately.  I am an owner of a Limited Edition 6700 that I bought from Greg, AB7R.  I paid him $200 for the upgrade license which he assured me was transferable and that he had notified Flex Radio.  I haven't heard anything nor received any e-mails about my upgrade.  This is understandable if it hasn't been released, but there are a lot of posts about its features.  Help.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You should expect it this week! Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • George - AB4FH
    edited July 2017
    Thank you.
  • Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Check because I think I read the LE rigs didn't need to buy the upgrade...
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    "Very very soon" 

Ria
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    That's correct. However you still need the software which hasn't yet been released. 
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I will be up with the sun checking.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Keep your eye on the Blue text box in the upper right hand corner of the Community's Home Page.
    When there is a new announcement, it is always posted there.
    The "Blue Box" is usually changed whenever there is a major new announcement.
    FRS makes it pretty easy to know when there is a software release or other important announcement.

Ken - NM9P
  • George - AB4FH
    edited July 2017
    Thanks, Ken.  Yes, I knew that, but I was confused by all the threads talking about the features of 2.0, not the soon-to-be-released 2.0.  When I used to read the posts daily I could "read between the lines" but it's been about 2 months since I read through them and misunderstood.  But thanks to everyone for clarifying and to the Alpha team for all the work testing.
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    Hi Ria,
    ahhhh how do you know if you have an LE 6700? I have a 6700 but I assume its just a standard Signature series going by the markings.  I have one of the 1 or 150 Icom IC7850 units and it has a gold plaque on it designating the commemoration of Icoms 50th Anniversary.  Like George AB4FH, I bought this radio secondhand, paid the $89 for the warranty crossover but was told that version 2 came with it by the seller as he had eve had an upgrade previously.  I suspect not from reading above? 

Not life changing, just curious as we are using the 6700 commercially for what might become many many units if the new version 2 software operates as well as we would like.  I have a team much smarter than me in charge of that side of things, but judging by the above, excitement soon, version 2 getting close.  And we are very fortunate, we have only been introduced to the world of Flex very recently, We were typically heading towards Anan for the military applications and fate had us due to me buying this 6700 unit which I added a Maestro to seeing many practical possibilities.  Dont get me wrong, my team can still decide Anan as they have both the Anan and Flex undergoing rigorous testing. 

Looking forward to Version 2, and yes, I know, the the Anan lovers, and I give Anan a huge load of credit, as my team have been able to do a lot with the Anan remotely for a long time.  I actually saw the Anan100d at a ham radio club meeting, blew me away.  I officially have never run one myself but my business partner bought one up in Malaysia and has enjoyed the receiver incredibly.  I keep arguing(nicely) well my Flex 6700 kills my $15000 Icom IC7850 in noise blanking, reduction,I said it does supernatural things as far as I am concerned.  He sent me some recordings of the anans noise reduction, I had to say, brilliant, but I want you to consider one thing....Our Customer who does not crave electronics every day like us ham nuts,  its a job to him, the simpler the better.  Flex is better setup for people like myself who dont play code all day, its just simple to operate, very few bugs, so pls consider this as we may need to put 1200 to 1500 units in place(Under NDA so somewhere in the world, you can discount NK).  I asked him, ok, you have both units up there, which is better in noise reduction, signal clarity etc when the going gets tough,  he answered, thats why your called an amateur radio operator and Im a professional, I havent got the time to play one against the other for 4 weeks like you would probably do, he said will it make you happy if i say both are amazing and can I get back to work.haha...This was my Service manager when I was a young apprentice,(then to become my business partner who I somehow convinced to move to KL in Malaysia some 17 years ago) we joke constantly, but the truth, when our company produces a Military man pack with loads of soldier recovery options, hes the real brains.  Dont tell him but I love taking credit for stuff he does, I disguise it as the company insinuating Im actually a lot smarter than I really am...Dont be fooled, Im not haha...Just my questions on this Forum and my continual bothering of Tony Taddeo VK5TT(hes just unreal folks, teaches dumb people like me how easy Flex is to use, he should be getting a commission cheque from Flex, hes a huge supporter of Flex here in Australia, and the brains to go with it)

As mentioned, I may co-own the company but theres a lot of smarter people under me that I have to trust their judgement regarding what we do and the ruggedness needed.   Personally, Im not too interested in my teams needs,(not true,I am) Im being awfully selfish and just want to take my Maestro with a hotspot and drive along playing HF bands and compare to the 600w HF system we have with an IC7000 and one of Rons Black widow Scorpion antennas in a v8 series 200 Toyota Landcruiser, especially the noise content.  The 200 series fuel injector noise required a day on the hoist earthing so many points, luckily, we have a full workshop here with me being an avid car collector as well , not a hard job.  On the subject of Version 2 cost, If the seller was incorrect re the software upgrade, we pay the money, its that simple. 

Will there be an email sent to us re the upgrade is available or just keep an eye on the website?  Matt Youngblood, if your reading this, maybe you can private mail me and clarify timelines etc.  And many thanks to Matt, hes been extremely helpful in the short time we have been involved with the Flex product.
    cheers
    Brenton
    VK3CM (details on qrz.com if you need to contact me offline)
    Position and Navigation Systems Pty Ltd
    North East Victoria
    Australiaimage

PS...Australian ingenuity, and yes, I did that, walked away with out a scratch, back roll bar caught the tree branch, its actually stuck in the tree, it virtually tried to climb the tree.  So there you go version 2 Flex engineers, beat that......By the way, grabbed my bobcat, lowered the  tractor and just when we thought, amazing no damage, one of the bobcat teeth ruptured the sump on the Massey Furguson..Im sticking to Electronics although I welded the sump, all aok....Oh except for my wife, not happy...I tried to blame her for the branches being not cut back, yep, radio budget cut for a good two months...doh!!!!!  But seriously, only a male can understand how much of a great trick this was, maybe not so much if the tractor had gone sideways onto a very fragile 52 year old.  That bit, well, did cross my mind once or twice.  I now own a John Deere ride on Lawnmower, Samantha my beautiful xyl wont let me near a tractor or a quad bike, man the quad bike story is for another day, only in Australia haha.....quad landed on me from 6' in the air, broken ribs, cuts and bruises, and most of all, shes got video of the incident.  Technology,well ph cams, hate it, oh except for Flex, Ver 2, love whats coming, if I live that long judging my lifestyle...Broken foot at the moment, dont ask....cheers from the Aussies down under....
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Brenton,
    The LE 6500 and 6700 radios have the panel of signatures underneath.
    Andrew de VK5CV
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    Hi Andrew,Now I want one haha, I love Limited Edition stuff, been buying up loads of classics etc, but thanks for the update, much appreciated. cheers Brenton

• HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Great pic Brenton.  Ouch!  I’ve lifted up the front of our Ford 4K a bit that way myself - scary.  Lucky I had a mower in the back, like you did. A couple years ago a friend tried to start his 8N at the starter standing in front of a rear tire.  It started all right, and being in gear took right off!  Miraculously he wasn’t badly injured but was plenty bruised.

I have an IC-7000 too, good radio but a little long in the tooth and it took me some time to reduce the engine electronics noise it picked up to a manageable level.  Hoping it will be replaced in our Accord by a Flex “Mobile” Signature one day (hint).  I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Yes, Matt is great to deal with.  He's always been helpful when I called and responds to my emails almost immediately.

Howard 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    George, All LE radios have been "pre-authorized" in the license server, so all you should need to do is install the SmartSDR v2.0 software when it is released (within the next several days) and you will be good to go.  If there is an issue, then open a HelpDesk ticket and we'll get the issue resolved ASAP.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    "Flex “Mobile” Signature one day (hint). I’d buy it in a heartbeat." Sounds like all you need is RAM Mount for a Maestro and a wireless dongle/AP to connect the Maestro to the 'Flex in the boot'...
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited November 2019
    Is V2 going to be free or will we have to pay, sorry if it's old news I've not been here in a long time, Trevor EI2GLB
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    No, it's not going to be "free" except for limited edition radios. The license cost is $199 and you don't have to pay again until they release 3.0.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It will also be free if you purchase a new 6x00 after May 19 2017  ( I think that was the cutoff date, Tim . . . ?)
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited July 2017

I’ve thought about that Ken, but my Maestro is a bit large for the Accord.  The IC-7000’s small detachable faceplate on a gooseneck mount and a dash-mounted external  7” TFT  monitor have worked out OK for me although the technology is dated and has some shortcomings.  So guess I’ll keep using them until something that better fits my needs comes along. 

Howard  

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Wouldn't it be cool if SmartSDR for IOS was Apple Car Play compatible? We can dream can't we? Probably never happen as most likely would cause more distracted driving. Dave wo2x
  • Steve Zumbrun
    Steve Zumbrun Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi, Ria. Steve, W0SZ, here in Colorado. Does v2.0 fix the CW Key problem?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Steve,

There are fixes to the Winkey emulation, if that's what you're talking about.

Ria
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited July 2017

Maybe in Level 3+ Autonomous cars? 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Correct Mike. It also applies to purchasing Certified Pre-Owned radios from us too.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    This is a good place to start if you're catching up.  http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-v2-0-faq-pdf/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.