has anyone used a Yaesu MD100 Desk Microphone with a flex 6500 or 6700?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have recently acquired a Yaesu MD100 Desk Microphone and I would like to try it on my 6700. I understand that Flex uses the the Yaesu pinouts for the front panel Microphone jack, however comparing the Flex pinout posted by Tim and the MD100 pinout there appear to be some differences.

Five pins are identical for both Yaesu and Flex: 1(up), 3(down), 4(fast), 6(PTT), 8(mic+). My question relates to the other three pins 5, 6 and 7

Flex Pin 2 is +5V - Yaesu pin 2 is "up and down return" . I presume this pin is also +5V? I have not been able to find any Yaesu documentation to verify this.

Flex pin 5 is GND - Yaesu pin 5 is "fast return" I suspect that this is also GND, but I am not sure.

Flex pin 7 is MIC- as against the Yaesu "PTT & mic ground". It would seem to me unwise to have the PTT return using the same pin as the MIC earth rather than pin 5.

Any assistance from anyone who has been down the same path would me very much appreciated. It's better to be sure than sorry.

Winston VK7WH
Photo of Winston VK7WH

Winston VK7WH

• 229 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of AA0KM

AA0KM

• 303 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Official Response

From Yaesu FT-950 manual and this website.

I just plug in my MD-100 and go and yes the fast up and down work too and move the VFO.

(Edited)