Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone tried using a Flex-6000 with an Acer+One+10+S1002-145A+2-in-1+?

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
NewEgg has this notebook on sale for $109 US.  I was wondering if it would have any luck running SSDR?  The Atom Processor has a passmark rating of 909, which isn't exactly blazing speed....

Thoughts?

Ken - NM9P

Answers

• spopiela
    spopiela Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'll bet if you use it as a local ( in your house) remote link to your radio, with no other cluttering apps , it might work quite well. Personally, I believe a lot of the issues that people have are wifi/router related and not on the computer end or radio end. I haven't tried this one though. Try it and let us know.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    whats the url?

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My Toshiba Encore 8 with similar spec works well with SSDR but needs a Bluetooth mouse with wheel.
    Andrew de vk5cv
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ken

I've run SSDR using several atom processors of this ilk both on win 8.1 and win 10  everything works fine  except you can't open many other programs before you run out of memory,  I'm presently running on one of these processors in a mini computer (egreat i6) running 2 HD monitors SSDR FRStack and Firefox which  is how I'm submitting this.  Ethernet has zero dropped packets, CPU runs at 39% utilization Memory is 1.5/1.9 gb.  After win 10 update my DAX died so I'm in the process of getting some help on that.  Before update I could also run a skimmer at 4800 and a logger.  I wouldn't think twice about getting this but don't update win 10

73  W9OY
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It has a HDMI port so likely you can run 2 screens the little one and a big external monitor
  • Thomas Sorensen
    edited May 2016
    I have run ssdr on a similarly speced tablet. I was only running ssdr. It takes a few seconds for it to load but worked. Hope you have similar results. AF5WO. Tom
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Actually it is $99 after mail in rebate offer.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Sort of reminds me of the Sinclair One - a very early PC targeted at the unsophisticated consumer that so lacked power and memory that you could not do much with it...
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I chose to take a safer path.. for $260 I picked up a Lenovo Yoga 11e on woot, the dog gone thing is Milspec, all metal, flips to tablet mode, has a quad core Celeron and runs SSDR in laptop and tablet mode.  I feel like I got a great deal on this one. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.