Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone else had TeamViewer blocked claiming commercial use?

Options
2»

Answers

• W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It's a great program and as long as you don't make connections from or to commercial addresses you will be fine.
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have been using built in remote desktop with VPN (PC to PC) as well as LogMeIn for some instances, which I would NOT recommend any longer. They have raised the price to several hundred dollars per year ($840 to be exact, not a misprint) for a 5 pack license which I had for years. They also now bundle a lot of the other services nobody wanted to buy (such as a dropbox like service and a bunch of other ****) to justify the cost and they will not sell just RDP anymore. I called them to cancel and they gave me 50% off which buys me time to research alternatives and maybe rethink how I use it. I already turned off the auto-renewal and looking at other options. I also used it to remote administer servers so the free options would not work for me, but there is a line between paying for something and extortion. Just my two cents on what NOT to get anymore. Too bad, used to be a great company!
  • Jsi Ashuo
    Jsi Ashuo Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    TeamViewer requires very expensive fees and costs $599 for every year. And when I was looking for an alternative, I found "hideasoft remote desktop", which costs $50 for a lifetime and is more powerful than TeamViewer. It can connect up to 1000 terminals and can support video conferencing. I think this is the only real alternative to TeamViewer.
    https://order.shareit.com/product?vendorid=200270322&productid=300946015&locale=en_US&cu...

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I gave up on Teamviewer and switched to Microsoft Remote Desktop which works very well for me.
  • NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There are several free alternatives to TeamViewer, some of them quite good. By the way, what is your call sign?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Jsi, the US dollar cost is 59.99.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm still using TeamViewer daily to access my shack via my Verizon cell hotspot.  I've been using for over 2 years now and never been shut down?   Works great!   Free License Ver 14.2.8352  ?????

Cal/N3CAL
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If all you need is remote acces to your pc you should consider UltraVNC.  I have been using for years at work and use it for console access to computers where cant use keyboards.  Works great and is free.

https://www.uvnc.com/
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Splashtop is another great remote application, years ago  as I do IT work Teamviwer nagged me then they wanted over 1500.00 to cover the clients I support, Splashtop costs me MUCHO LESS!!!! and with the Business Access plan I'm using I can resell seats to clients, friends etc. at reasonable cost!- the Audio interface works much better as well. https://www.splashtop.com/.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.