Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone achieved CW TX (not RX) decoding with a Flex-6xxx?

Options
Mark K9BOO
Mark K9BOO Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Has anyone achieved CW transmission decoding with a Flex-6xxx? 

I started learning CW on a KX3 which has a nice feature of decoding your transmitted CW.  The feature is pretty brutal/strict, and has really helped me learn better spacing and rhythm.  I’m trying to figure out how to get my Flex-6xxx CW transmissions similarly decoded.

Of course, decoders like CW Skimmer do a pretty darn good job with RX.  But, they don’t seem to get the sidetone to decode my TX.  

One solution I imagine is to run a hardware lineout of audio from the speaker or headphone port on the Flex into a computer input.  With that, at least I would have the sideone in the computer and could (maybe?) run another instance of CW Skimmer (or another decoder) just to decode the transmitted CW.

Am I missing something more obvious to achieve my goal?   Other ideas? 

Thanks very much.

Mark K9BOO

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You could take the audio out (sidetone) into FLDigi or a similar CW decoding app.
  • Jerry Wilk
    Jerry Wilk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Jerry, AA7SN

DM780 using cw winkey with the winkeyer usb device installed works very well in showing you cw.  You can also use it for practice by just tuning off Breakin in the Flex and viewing your keying output in the DM780 window without transmitting a signal via the radio.

• Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
     Yes, I would also like this ability.  It would be a great tool for improving my more transmission (which I suspect is not the best). Good luck in your quest.
  • EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Mark,

see hier:

http://df4kv.darc.de/computer.html

The best one !

We work on Windows version with androino uno. You can keying you radio and see, what you send:)

cheers

Emil, de DL8JJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.