Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hardware ALC not persisting

W8QB
W8QB Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
For the 6400M, under the menu's transmit tab there is the option of setting "Hardware ALC" to ENABLED.  This setting should persist when changing between bands, page 53 of the user guide indicates.  Many people prefer not to use Hardware ALC, but for those who do want "ENABLED" to persist, what is the solution?

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Did you try it in a transmit profile as well? Page 55 says it can be saved in the transmit profile also. Just curious.
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Wayne, thank you for this suggestion!  Leveraging the transmit profile to enable Hardware ALC was a successful workaround for my radio.  But for this to work, I found it was necessary to toggle "Enable" and then re-save the transmit profile on each individual band, for a total of 11 re-saved profiles (160 meters through 6 meters).  Hopefully a future software update will allow the operator to set Enable just once such resulting in a setting that persists when changing bands.  The user guide clearly indicates that the setting for ALC Hardware is meant to persist, but in my experience running version 2.1.33, it does not persist.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Actually I set my transmit profiles band independant but for ssb 90w or ssb 30w for either amp or no amp operation. I set the global profiles for the band. That way I choose the band by global profile then just load the transmit profile for the power i want then i can just crank the power up or down whether i use the amp or not and dont have to really load a different transmit profile i just make sure the tx enable is set on all the transmit profiles. Many ways to do it just have to find the one that is closest to the way you want to operate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.