Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Happy new year to all. Query setting up JTDX for 6500

Options
John - ZL3TRR
John - ZL3TRR Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
 Im a first time user setting up flex 6500 for jtdx.

The problem is in the JTDX soundcard settings / output there is no  for DAX Audio TX 1. They are all DAX Audio RX .  I can receive stations okay but cannot transmit . I have reloaded v3.1.8 
any suggestions would be appreciated . Happy New Year ZL3TRR

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello John, sorry you had to wait 8 hours as its sleepy sleep time here in IOWA.  You have lots of buttons to push and settings to set.

You need to setup CAT so you have PTT to transmit, and for audio you need to find the correct TX link.  There isn't a TX1, as the radio can only TX one at a time, so it has to auto switch between slices.  There's some fairly good videos on youtube with various users that show setting this stuff up.  But I'll try to give you an order of ops for transmit.

Since you asked about TX audio...   In WSJT-X  Settings, AUDIO Input is set to DAX AUdio RX1 (Flex RadioSystems DAX Audio)  Output is set to: DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems DAX TX)  there is no number 1...

The DAX button needs to be pushed in on the audio panel on SSDR...  (where you select microphones)  and in the DAX selection of slice 1 select the DAX button and set audio to channel 1...  You may have your audio out already set correctly.

Set radio in DIGU mode...    If you havent setup PTT yet...  You'll need to setup a server in the CAT panel.  That works the best.  Let us know if you have CAT setup...  I created a TCP port 5003 for slice A with auto switch TX left highlighted...  The sever is typed in like 127.0.0.1:5003  the radio is selected to Flexradio 6xxx.  Let me know if you're still having issues. I'm looking at my morning coffee not drinking it so might have missed something.  Erika DD
  • John - ZL3TRR
    John - ZL3TRR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi Erika, Thanks for the reply from sunny warm 77 fahrenheit weather.
    Yes i have viewed lots of videos on youtube etc and followed their instructions and from the flex website etc.  The Problem is in wsjt-x settings  Output  (Dropdown box ) there is NO DAX Audio TX 

As you can see im receiving okay . Im using version v3.1.8.145 . Should I delete the Flex SDR completely from my computer and re install?.  The audio tx drivers are just not there .  cheers John 
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ah ha....  First take a look for it in Win 10...  Start, Settings, System, Sound.  "Choose your output device" should be your normal windows output...  Mine are computer speakers... A realtek High Definition Audio device...  I've seen windows put dax stuff in there...  Then input should be your regular old input device.  Mine is a plantronics headphone microphone...   THIS is just windows stuff.

Down the page is advanced sound options... The top lists your default windows items, below everything on my page says default...  INCLUDING DAX Control panel...

I HAVE SEEN it weird out and put DAX stuff in here.  That would soak the selection up...

IF that's NOT IT.  shut down SSDR, go ahead and reboot...  UNINSTALL SSDR DAX and CAT and reinstall...  In my case all the CAT settings were right there again on reinstall, but you might desire to write everything down just in case.

you probably won't want to save profiles etc in case there's something goofie with those. But take notes to recreate.   REBOOT after Uninstalling and THEN REBOOT again before installing.  Most people leave out the reboot steps and create additional problems as artifacts stay with you that go away after the reboot.

Reinstalling v3.1.8 is EZ Peazy...  It's all automatic.  Don't be afraid of reboots...  They are your friend in removing and reinstalling...  then check Windows audio again...  Make sure things look as I explained...  Don't change anything, Got to CAT and create the system server 127.0.0.1:5003 is good...  Add port, selecting TCP.  TCP port 5003  5003 is my number and is sequential after 5002 which auto configs for DDUtil if you run that, which I jus happen to do...   Protocol is CAT leave everything else in this case.  Then go over to WSJT-X and see what's there.

I have had exactly the same thing go weird after running the SSDR versions down from v3 to recommended version 2 for the Antenna Tuner issue and when I returned to v3...  KERBLEWIE the thing lost all sorts of function and I just uninstalled and reinstalled... with all reboots...  back to normal.

Good Luck Obie-wan you're our only hope.  Sorry I sleep... I worked on my house physically very hard yesterday tearing lath and plaster down from the last remaining section of ceiling and a wall in what will be someday circa 2020 or beyond, a fully remodeled, much improved and enlarged kitchen.

They call that Sweat Equity? Naw, I don't sweat especially when it is freezing out and I have to haul big drums of refuse outside, hand unload big pieces and then dump the last in a construction dumpster...  Every muscle hurts this morning and I walk really unstable. I was up and down a ladder all day.  While hubby works building cabinets for other wives and not mine (yet)... Craig won't let me do anything today.  Probably a very good idea... Have fun, ham radio is supposed to be fun... During my 2 breaks I played radio for an hour each yesterday.  Today you will too. :-)  Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.