Hamvention 2019, Will there be a DX dinner?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I'm looking to see if Flex will have a DX dinner or some other get together for us Flex users.
I'm planning on flying up to Atlanta, and then looking for a ride up to Ohio. I have a place to stay and then a ride back down to Atlanta.
It would be great to have a dinner or just get with other Flex users.
Looking to make my two rig shack into a nice contesting station with my Flex and Icom.
Looking fwd to respires.
David
HC5DX
WB4OZM
Photo of david

david

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1845 Posts
  • 669 Reply Likes
Hi David,
They have been having a banquet / get together for the last few years.  The registration usually opens in late January.  Here is an excerpt from LAST year.

Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.4.9
Win10

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2310 Posts
  • 949 Reply Likes
I may go to the Friday night one due to an ARRL event on Thursday.
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1650 Posts
  • 600 Reply Likes
Can’t wait to finally attend this year! An advantage to living within driving distance now.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4175 Posts
  • 1331 Reply Likes
Depending upon retirement/home purchase schedules, I may or not make Dayton/Xenia this year. It is too early to know at this point.
Photo of Brian Morgan VK7RR/4

Brian Morgan VK7RR/4

• 69 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I had the pleasure of being at the dinner two years ago and have kept in touch with most of those at our table. It was a great night and great to meet some of the contributors to this forum. I have already made airline bookings as it is a tad further for us VK's to go to Dayton than you locals. So Doc, if you read this, you will see me next Dayton.
Photo of Neil D Friedman N3DF

Neil D Friedman N3DF

• 217 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
You will see me, too.  I have enjoyed attending Flex dinners the past two years.  I live a 20 minute drive to the Hamvention and a 20 minute drive to the Miamisburg Flex dinner hotel.