Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamvention 2019 excellent video

Neal_K3NC
Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
There is an excellent explanation of the true power of Multiflex by Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR, at the 2019 Hamvention here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdEfqNUX6k

Gerald does a great job of outlining uses for Multiflex and contesting is only one of them! The moderator is a new Flex ham and you can see the excitement he also has in the interview.

Since I could not make it this year, I was spending a lot of time on the DARA live streaming of the Hamvention, primarily the forums in Room 1 (the big room!). The antenna forum on Friday was one of the best I have ever seen (I learned so much!) and the contest forum was its usual great show. One of the most amazing presentations was about the contest station in Costa Rica, TI7W, which is built around Multi-One/Multi-Single operation. The radio? Multiflex'ed 6600M! The presenter was a contester using the setup, not the station owner, and his initial comments had me wondering how it was going to go. He mentioned the radio was 'on the bleeding edge of state of the art' so I was wondering how it would go. He later mentioned that the radio was super sensitive in an incredibly quiet locale and once he became practised in SSDR he found it a joy to use!

If they get the new Flex amp it will be a stone killer but the station was one we could only dream about. Plus he mentioned seeing tucans and sloths out the windows while operating!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.