Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamlib for 6000 Series?

Options
George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone know if someone's working on a hamlib interface for the 6000 series? I'm doing okay with the Kenwood TS-2000 interface; just curious... 73, George

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    George, I assume this is for fldigi. Tim created the SmartSDR.xml and PowerSDR.xml for use in RigCAT. Is there an advantage of using Hamlib over RigCAT?
  • Steve Conklin
    Steve Conklin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've written a flex 6K back end for hamlib, which I run on a Linux box and connect to the Flex CAT network socket. I don't think it supports all the latest features that have been added to CAT (it does not support S meter reading or any feature added after that). I've been testing it myself, and plan to upstream it to Nate N0NB soon. Maybe I'll send it to him this week, it's been stable for me. I've only tested on a 6700, so testing on a 6500 would be great. If you want to build it and try it, you can find it here: https://github.com/sconklin/hamlib in the flex6k-clean branch
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks, guys. Steve - I'll take a look. And Don, no, not that I understand. Just have a couple of different apps that talk to the rig (bless you, SmartCAT!) and hamlib is the "common denominator."

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.