Hamcation 2019

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Well at the tender age of 72 I have gone and done it! What? Booked to fly to the good old USA and attend Hamcation 2019. So the question is - will there be a Flex dinner and if so based on previous years, would it be worth an old fogey like me attending? And, if there is a dinner, how do I book and pay?

TIA
Tim
Photo of Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

• 126 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

• 126 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Sorry, hit return to soon - if there isn't a Flex dinner, who is up for arranging something ourselves. Never having been to Hamcation before, I don't know the area and what is available so I would have to rely of the guys more in the know what would good. My own plans are to stay on International Drive, Orlando and drive to Hamcation every day. I don't drink but I love big juicy steaks!

Ideas anyone?

Tim
Photo of Tom O'Boyle

Tom O'Boyle

• 20 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I will be headed there for the 1st time as well.  If the Flex group gathers, let me know.  I also will be staying on Intl Drive.  73 de Tom, N9GUN

Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 676 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Flex usually gets together at HAMVENTION in Ohio. I've never heard of one in Orlando, I could be wrong.
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 854 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
I'll be at Hamcation as well, and will stay tuned to hear if a group dinner will happened.

Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

• 126 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
I know that Flex will be at Hamcation but, at the moment, there are no plans for a Flex evnt, e.g. a dinner. Perhaps if enough people shout loudly enough....

Failing Flex organising something, perhaps everyone planning go could arrange something. I can't because I live in France and it's 30 years since I was last in Orlando!