Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ham Radio Entertainment Videos!

Don Hamrick
Don Hamrick Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I spent the afternoon searching Google for entertaining ham radio videos. The following videos are the ones I found worth posting here. 

HAM RADIO HISTORY

Radio Hams, (1939) b/w narrated. “A Pete Smith Specialty” film short. (Comment: At minute 3 in the video “Teller, Alaska” is narrated. Teller, Alaska is a nostalgic memory for me. I enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard in 1974 after I quit high school in the last month of my senior year. I spent one year (1974-75) at the U.S. Coast Guard LORAN Station Port Clarence, near the Bering Strait, North of Teller, Alaska. I got my G.E.D. from Teller School.) I visited an Eskimo hunting camp from south of Port Clarence on one occasion.

RCA Presents “Radio at War” – 1944. b/w narrated.

Portishead Radio. A history in pictures of the world's most famous maritime radio station set to mike batt's 'portishead radio' song. More information at www.portisheadradio.co.uk

U.S. Army 1966 Presents International Morse Code. “It wont mean a thing if you dont get that swing. Rhythm is the key. Morse Code introduction. Note: Morse Code “pd” = period.

NEW WAYS TO LEARN MORSE CODE

(No music) How to use Morse Code Keys – Demonstration by 10 year old girl. / VA3LVF. Emilia giving small demonstration about how to use Morse Code Keys. At the end of the video she explains how our Magnetic Loop Antenna is built.

Vadrum Speaks Morse Code (Drum Video) Another way to learn Morse Code.

Morse Code Song  A to Z set to music without words.

Another Morse Code Song (Learning Morse Code through musical flashcard style)

HAM RADIO FUNNY MUSIC VIDEOS

Ham Radio Man

Ham Radio Menace

Ham Radio Hoarder

Ham Shack Blues

Ham Radio Heaven

Q5 QRM - Ham Radio Song (country music style)

Amateur Radio by Morning  (parody, country music)

Ham Radio Song (white guy rappin Ham Radio?)

On The Keyer - HAM Radio Parody of "In the Ayer" (another white guy rappin.)

The Contest  

My Favorite Things About Amateur Radio Field Day (Christmas Song Paroday)

The Ham Band Video (OZ5E club callsign of the station owned by Jan OZ1ADL, and Andrew OZ1XJ. The station is located in central Denmark on Jan’s farm.) The Ham Band is Andrew (G3WZZ/OZ1XJ/OZ5E), his wife Lissa and a group of Nashville session musicians. All the songs are about amateur radio and the booklet which comes with the "Seek You" CD tells the whole story of contests, dx-peditions, antennas etc.

SIMPSONS and Ham Radio

Little Dilbert and Ham Radio

Herman Munster and Ham Radio

73 or 5318008

Ham Radio & Velveeta Cheese commercial

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What does any of this have to do with Flex Signature Series radios or SmartSDR software?
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Don, you were certainly one busy guy to find and bookmark all these videos.   Now I'm going to have to spend hours looking at them....my interest is way up and band conditions at the moment are lacking.    Best 73, Jim
  • Don Hamrick
    Don Hamrick Member
    edited June 2016
    It is all part of ham radio. Everyone needs to take a break and watch funny videos about ham radio so they don't take themselves too serious. Like you for example. Otherwise, they start griping at everyone who for the least little thing that does no harm to anyone or anything. Let us just keep enjoying ham radio. Okay? Thank you.
  • Don Hamrick
    Don Hamrick Member
    edited June 2016
    I was bored! I'm waiting for my VA pension to get direct deposited into my bank account tomorrow so I can purchase my FLEX 1500 accessories to get my radio on the air.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    There are other forums more attuned to this sort of thing. eHam or QRZ, perhaps. Posts like this just fill email with trash. I was irritated by your original post but angry with your reply. Take your patronizing attitude and shove it up your mast.
  • Don Hamrick
    Don Hamrick Member
    edited June 2016
    QRM QRT
  • KD3VK Ken
    KD3VK Ken Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Don, I enjoyed it and I hope you find more. A little levity never hurt anyone.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.