Ham Radio deluxe will not Key 6300

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I just noticed that HRD will not key the flex at all from HRD, all the other buttons seem to work fine but not the TX button.  I also have a VM with windows 7 on it and installed HRD and the same thing, will not key up the 6300.  I'm running windows 7 on both the VM and my Dell 790, my VM is running on a IMAC 27 using parallels.  I know at one time this did work but all of a sudden dead.

Anyone run into this?
Photo of N3NER

N3NER

• 186 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of N3NER

N3NER

• 186 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Well I just re-flashed the firmware to 1.4.11 and it worked fine, I re-flashed it back to 1.4.16 and it stopped working.  Sooo

Flex support, there is a problem.....  With firmware 1.14.16....  I'm going back to 1.4.11 for now.

Tim, this need to be put in the the next version for a fix...
Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 876 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
Have you tried this:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...

HRD works better if you create a PTT port
and use this instead of keying with a CAT
command.

I'm in Oban, Scotland at the moment without
any of my ham equipment and can therefore
not be of more help. 73, Alex DH2ID
Photo of N3NER

N3NER

• 186 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Yes i did try that and it did not help.  Only when I down leveled the firmware is when the problem was resolved.   This was happening on three computers so this must be a firmware issue.
(Edited)
Photo of Phil m0vse

Phil m0vse

• 204 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
I don't think it is universal though as I am using a 6300 (1.4.16) with the latest HRD (6.3) and PTT works fine (I use a separate CAT PTT port). Having said that, I am tending to use DDUtil mostly now as SmartSDR makes the HRD Rig Control app largely redundant....