Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Green LED does not not blink on Flex-6300 during boot.

dan
dan Member ✭✭
Flex-6300 has worked well for a few months (once I made an exception in my computer's firewall software). A month or so back, I once turned on the power supply. The green LED comes on as usual for a second and then goes out (normal). Then, I push the the power button to boot, I hear the click from inside the radio, but the LED does not come on at all. After about 30 -40 seconds I hear another click from inside the radio. Sounds like the normal click it always does when it's done booting. But no green LED. I open the Smart SDR and the radio is not detected. In attempting to fix I disconnected the copper from the router, disconnected the power poll connector, rebooted the router and the computer. Tried again and the green LED came on. Today I tried to start and the problem has returned. Tried disconnecting everything again. No avail. I even reset the radio. Still no green LED blinking during the boot. What does the blinking green LED signify? An attempt to connect to your network? Has anyone seen this before, or have a solution?    SDR 1.6.17   

Comments

• Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Having a similar problem here.  Had not used the 6300 for a couple of weeks.  Turned on power supply and saw the green LED blink.  Pressed power and nothing.  Tried that several times then started Googling for solutions.  Disconnected the LAN, no help.  Tried Reset by holding the power button until the White blinking LED came on.  At the end of White LED blinking it went out and still no radio.  Submitted a Ticket and waiting for a response.  
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I would be grateful if you could keep the thread updated with any advice etc from Flex. My rig will shortly be out of use for 6 weeks whilst I will be in hospital and ot would be useful if you are given any advice that would help here. Having said that, there were no problems during a similarly long hospital stay a while back.

• dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like the same thing here **** B. I'm submitting a ticket now. Thanks.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Advised by Dudley that they have not seen my problem before and got an RMA so took it in this morning.  Fortunately I'm only 30 minutes away.  
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    That's handy. To get my rig checked (for low power when on max power settings), the retailer here in the UK was contacted to collect my rig. They then had to send it to Germany. It will be sent back to me directly. It's not an issue at all really except that I do not know where my rig is at the moment. I don't go on the air *every* night, but I miss it.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    That's one of the reasons I'm still avoiding SDRs from India, etc.  I don't normally keep a backup radio but kept my 756Pro3 1) because SDRs are still problematic, and 2) I love the radio - will probably never sell it.  
  • dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I still have my Flex-3000 that I was supposed to use as a trade in for my Flex-6300. I never really got around to sending it in to Flex. Kind of glad I didn't. My wife is not happy about that, and she's not happy that my $2500 radio is not working after a few months. :)

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yup!! 
    Is it the Radio or is it Me?
    Inquiring minds, don't want to know!!!
    She was kinda unhappy, when I met her.
    73, Jay - NO5J 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.