Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPSDO no longer locking.

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Yesterday I got a lock but lost it. Same thing today and it will not lock. Not even getting the flashing purple LED anymore. Tried a reboot and a power reset. I moved into a new shack and the GPS antenna is actually in a better location on a windowsill of a south facing window.

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    same here Greg... antenna double sided taped to the shack window pane facing South. very minimum seen is 5 satellite tracked when drop out occurs with 9 to 11 seen. lock threshold must be very sensitive? As a reference my hand held Garmin stays locked on in the shack without even being near the window!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    As Larry said, you need to look at the number of satellites tracked. If the number is low, you may need an external GPS antenna
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    I taped the provided antenna to a different (west facing) window. I restarted the radio a couple times and would not give the blue LED. I tried again and it did. It took some time to lock but then it stayed locked for about 4 hours before going to bed. Maybe I don't understand the LED indicators correctly. A flashing blue LED means it is trying to lock correct? So if the GPSDO is installed shouldt it always be trying to lock (until successful)? Why at times is there NO blue LED activity at all and sometimes it just goes to green? Tnx Greg
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    What defines a low number? When locked it was tracking 6-7 of 14 visible. I purchased an outdoor marine GPS antenna. But the funny thing with it is when I put it in the window sill where the provided antenna is I don't see anything. I will try a temp outside install through the window before doing a permanent mount installation. Thanks Tim. Greg
  • I having the same issue. The GPS with external GPS antenna from FLEX on my spare antenna the gps lock has been lost. THe GPS will retrack and not lock and loose connection to the satellites. over and over again.

Jim

wu5e

• it has finally lock up. only took 3 hours

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.