Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Not working All Zeros

Drax
Drax Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My GPS tab has all zeros for the lat.,long, etc. So I aquired a PCTEL GPS-TMG-HR-26N antenna and installed it outside. The GPS tab still has all zeros. The antenna requires a 5v bias voltage. I measured across the radio's GPS connector with a volt meter and there's no voltage there. How do I enable the bias voltage or measure it correctly? Is there a way to get more status of what's actually happening with the GPS module? I never see any color codes other than solid amber or solid green. Some GPS receivers actually let you see what if any sats are being seen to at least let you know that the antenna is working. Clicking the Install button does nothing.

Comments

• Drax
    Drax Member
    edited January 2014
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited January 2014
    The GPS Installation: line is blank too.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I will just ask the obvious questions. Is the antenna in the open and able to see south; assuming you are in the northern hemisphere since you do not list your call sign. It takes time to acquire the satellite. Here is my GPS antenna on top of my computer; facing south.
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited March 2017
    KB3X I'm in the USA. South is clearly visible. I've have about a 50 ft. run of LMR-400 to get it out away from the house. I get a perfect GPS signal on my iPhone right beside the antenna. I'm concerned because I cannot read any voltage on the radio's connector. There should be 3 to 5v on it, I'd think.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The radio does not think you have a GPS installed. What happens when you click on the Install button?
  • Drax
    Drax Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing seemingly happens when I click Install. Then after awhile it loses connection to the radio. Are there install instructions for the GPSDO I can look at and compare mine to? It was factory installed.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    That is not behaving correctly. We need to dig into this further. I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.