Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Module not working

Tom - WQ5O
Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Good Morning. I finally received my F6500 last night and so far it's pretty danged amazing. But I ordered it with the GPS module and I can't get it to work. When the startup program runs it doesn't show that the module is installed. When the rig is off with the power applied the LED is glowing yellow but when I turn it on it goes straight to green. I have the GPS antenna attached and it has a pretty good view of the sky. Other than that the rig is working great. I just made a contact with a guy in GA and got great an excellent signal/audio report. It's way better for CW than my F5A. So, what have I missed? I've looked on the community board for a problem like this but couldn't find anything. Any help? Thanks. Tom WQ5O

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Tom, enter a Helpdesk ticket on flexradio.com. Flex will contact you regarding this issue.
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I forgot to add that I plugged my GPS antenna in and the 6700 detected the Antenna immediately, then locked after a few minutes. There is an install button on the GPS screen that you might have to click on; but, my 6700 detected the antenna when the radio booted up. You might try power off/ on after connecting the antenna.
  • Tom - WQ5O
    Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the info. I've re-plugged the antenna and rebooted several times. No joy. I'll put in a helpdesk ticket and see if they forgot to put in the module or something like this. Thanks for the help.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Hold off on the HD ticket momentarily. I believe this may be a software bug where the GPSDO is not properly communicating with the radio's uProc.
  • Tom - WQ5O
    Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Sorry Tim. Already submitted the ticket (#4624). I originally loaded the 1.0.0 software that came with the rig and I had the same problem with it. I then followed the procedure to upgrade to the 1.0.5 software. Still no joy with the GPSDO.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    No problem. It is *NEVER* incorrect to enter a HelpDesk ticket.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    No problem Tom, we can just hold the Help Desk ticket for the final determination ..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.