Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Screen: Is this what it should look like? Thank you guys!

W3DCB
W3DCB Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Had GPS Drop-out: Found an amplified GPS Antenna w/26 dB gain on line; Needed 5 VDC injected to center conductor; Found multicoupler/injector on line. Is this what GPS screen should look like? No Lat/Long, but my Locator is there w/UTC time and freq. llisted w/"Sat Tracked"?  Is this right?  Is it working?  Thanks Daniel W3DCB

imageimageimage

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    The GPS is not getting a proper signal.  You do not need a power injector as the radio is providing the DC bias for the antenna preamp.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Like usual Tim beat us to the answer.  
    You have not acquired any satellites position to give you a location.  
    And the forum boss answer is correct.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Seems if it was working, it would show the correct Lat/Long on the opening screen.

• W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    OK...got rid of the coupler/injector...I did not know that 5 VDC was already injected by the Flex....Dahhhhhh...You would think that I would have checked that!!! LOL LOL LOL (Is it ok to use LOL? or do I have to say HI Hi?)  Right now it says it warming up. How long does it take to lock?
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Since I had it, I have never seen the correct Lat & Long...When the radio went back for upgrade, can I assume that everything got the once over?  de Daniel
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Any one out there know how long it usually takes to lock on? 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Do you have an antenna facing the sky? My cell phone with GPS will not lock on unless it has a clear view of the sky or is outside.
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It is in the window...May be I should try moving to a different window...Thanks guys...
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Yup!!!! It was the location...I guess just like real estate...Location, Location, Location!  Working now with my new antenna!  Again, thank you everyone!!!!

de w3dcb daniel

• W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Success!!!!  New Antenna works like a charm.  Old one would not work in ANY location.  I have had that trouble with my Sprint repeater, also. My house is just in a tough area for GPS.  At least I bought two of these antennas and #2 will go on the Sprint Cell Phone Repeater.  Again...Thanks every body...de W3DCB Danielimage
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Facing the sky will do nothing for you.
    Since most of us are in the northern hemisphere, our antennas must be facing South in order to acquired the signal.
    In my case, I am in California and my antenna is on top of my computer on a South facing window. The lower the antenna the better the performance.  Why? Because it eliminate terrestrial noise. 
  • W3DCB
    W3DCB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Got it!...I just assumed that the antenna would not work in the same places in which the old one failed.  Dumb assumption.  As soon as I moved it to the back window, it locked on immediately...I feel sooooo dumb.  You guys are nice enough to let me ask dumb questions.  Then, I usually find the simple answer and feel soooo dumb...Oh, well!  I am among friends and it can't hurt my rep that much....Heee heeee heeeeee
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is still in the holdover state; it takes a little while for it to triangulate.  Once it is locked, all of the data will be right and the XO disciplined.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.