Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Module "NOT PRESENT" Flex6700 SmartSDR Ver 1.3.8.126

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Status: Not Present.       Does this mean its... a) Module Kaput.?   and  b) is Help desk ticket needed ?

I did the factory reset and swapped antenna and no difference ?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Maybe.  Maybe not.  I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Tim, after two days of part time fiddling the GPS unit has reappeared 20 minutes ago ? There is a BUG some where....... at this point can we record this only as an event and monitor ? An annoying event however it was real and of course while it "ain't broke" I can't diagnose it further !  Anyone else had a similar issue ??
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    When I got my 6700 back from Flex after the "upgrade" I noticed that my "Blue" LED was now "Green". Checked out the GPS page and found it was not there anymore. I pulled the cover and found that the GPS module was somewhat loose and could move enough that it could make and break the contacts and turn the GPS module on or off with just a little pressure or light jolt of the chassis. That may (or may not) be the problem with your unit.
    I think Flex should think about a redesign of this mounting to something with a more positive connection. It appears to me that this may be a problem in a mobile or portable operation.
    73 and good luck  Al,  N4AB
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Thanks Al thanks for that information. That's the 1st I have seen of this issue.... My 6700 has not been moved even for cleaning. I have never opened it however I guess that will happen with the PEN. Speaking of PEN I am still waiting and being an early adopter with Signature #21 I was expecting notification however nothing to date and I'm a little anxious being further away in Australia.

73' James. VK2JN

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tim, As mentioned below, after two days the GPS returned to normal status. Can this case be closed and recorded as an incident please. I will watch carefully for this issue in the future. Thank you !
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Let me be the first, Golly! thanks for sharing the solution. Might there be a more satisfying solution? 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.