Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Antenna Splitter

Asher - K0AU
Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
Want to split my GPS antenna 2-ways. One connection to a 6700 GPSDO and another connection to a Raspberry Pi GPS. Took a weekend of ntpd.conf file fiddling to get the ntpd to lock to the local GPS.

Some GPS antenna splitters block DC from one port and pass DC from the other port. Some splitters put a 200 ohm load resistor on the blocked port for GPS devices that check for a DC load.

Does anyone know if the Flex GPSDO cares if it sees a DC load?

Answers

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Asher — 

I am using this splitter made by Tallysman to share one antenna with a NTP server and my 6700

I have had no problems and have been using it for a year or two. I can’t remember where I got it or I would post the link. If I recall correctly, it only allows the DC signal to pass from one device. I don’t know for sure if the 6700 cares if it sees the DC load, but I think I have it connected to the pass through port. 
    Anyway I don’t know if that helps, but it has been working for me. 
    Justin
    KL2D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.