Google Wifi Mesh on 6000 hardware

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
All

Has anyone tested a Google Mesh Wifi with a 6000 series radio plugged into a Node?  https://store.google.com/us/product/google_wifi?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItaLGmYii3QIVD4ZpCh3G6QmZEAAYASAAEg...

I just gave it a thought as I have installed a 5 node version for a neighbour.  The price was right and the system was plug and play and darn simple to setup.  The performance was pretty good.

I am tempted to order a set for my home to test with, but I would have to get rid of the Eero, and I really like it too, but there are not any LAN connectors on the Eero Beacons.

I am thinking of this as an idea for those who do not have a hardware LAN connection near theyr HF station.

If own one of these, you will know what I mean.

Mike 
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 268 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Paul Leach

Paul Leach

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Slightly off topic but here goes

I had GWiFI earlier in the year but my house is too big for satisfactory coverage.
I sold them (Had 5 in the end!) 

I went for POE access points to supply satisfactory coverage

I connect my 6400 to a switch in a remote part of the property and works 100%

73's Paul

Photo of Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts

• 218 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I have successfully used a less expensive 3 node mesh network with good results.  Last May, I installed a Tenda NW? mesh network.  It sells on Amazon for about $145.  With 100 MB/s Xfinity network service, I get at least 88 MB/s on the 3rd or farthest node, that is using 802.11ac on 5.8 GHz (using a $13 WiFi dongle on my otherwise slow laptop).  I have had no problem running Smart SDR for Windows "full open,"  that is without reducing the resolution or speed of the waterfall.  My network quality meter is all over the place but it doesn't seem to affect basic performance.  Good luck.