Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Going back to 1.416 from smartsdr1.5

2»

Answers

• clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Steve with flex has already said it is not a windows problem
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I AGREE
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Clint, I spent a career in software development. I've worked closely with qa folks. I wouldn't want their job. While a monster.com I worked with a guy who was qa at a NASA subcontractor. He would often say, 'where I used to work,if we missed something, people died'. I took a course in college that quantified the testing process, what's the cost to the bottom line to test every unit, every second unit, every 10th or 100th unit. How many units do y have to test to say you're 99.9% confident you are rolling off the line flawless units...verses...the cost of fixing returns. Yes, I realize I switched from s/w testing to h/w testing, its still QA.
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Good deal
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    SmartSDR has to work with Windows, not the other way around. I am guessing, and I do mean guessing, that the testers were selected for their advanced knowledge and are less likely to be 6300 owners
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Appliance like stability?
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    It has less to do with "advanced" and more to do with the 6500/6700 coming out first.  The initial group was selected from these owners.  When the 6300 arrived, many of the 6500/6700 folks also purchased a 6300 plus we've added a number of 6300-only owners.  Specifically, we selected 10 customers that had previously owned a FLEX-5000 or FLEX-3000 that we thought might want a FLEX-6300, but passed on the 6500/6700 for whatever set of reasons and asked them (after an NDA) if they would be interested in field testing a new unannounced hardware platform.  These folks got the first 10 FLEX-6300s and I believe all are on the Alpha team.  We have also invited others we felt would provide good feedback and fit in the Alpha team culture.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Make that '7 or 8' Bill. I, honestly, can't say it works either. I did,however, in the process of figuring out how to get it to work, learn how to configure the AGC threshold. So it wasn't a complete wasted effort. I am willing to accept, in a very narrow use case,it does work.

The last time I've heard this many people say they are bagging the latest release was 1.3.8.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I guess I guessed wrong!
  • PAØGDW
    PAØGDW Member
    edited October 2015
    Mark...
    it has nothing to do with Computers..the older Version of Smart SDR is fine !!
    i do Computer Service for my work and have tried 4 PC,s/Laptops with different Windows 7 32 and 64 Bits and also the new Windows 10 on a new PC with a Intel I 7...
    all the same distorted TX signal...and YES i have a Flex 6300....
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And I have a 6500.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015

Took the plunge and upgraded my 6300 to 1.5.  PC and 6300 upgrade went smoothly. I only deleted 1.4.3 and kept 1.4.11 prior to download. I did not delete cat nor dax but ensured both were closed prior to upgrade. So far my 6300 v1.5 is smooth, stable and reliable cw, ssb, and digital. WNB works but I do not see the same dramatic results as posted here and that is because my local noise is already low and NR feature does a better job of eliminating what and the type of noise that I do have. Thanks for the new features w/in 1.5.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.