Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Global Profiles

Paul Burton
Paul Burton Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR CAT
I cannot seem to save a current operating state as a global profile in SDRSmart V 1.3.  I type in a name and hit save and wait but nothing is added to the list.  I can save a Transmit Profile but not a Global Profile.  What am I  doing wrong?

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Anyone else having this problem?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    First thing I did was save a global profile. Worked fine for me but so far I've only saved one. If it matters, I clicked the save button, I didn't press enter after I typed the profile name. Edit: Just saved a 2nd global profile. I called them "2-Pan" and "4-Pan" (for 2/4 panadapters). So far no problems (6700).
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I am having the same problem.
    No Global Profiles
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Write a reply   Nothing is ever saved in the List box, no matter how I do it.  But if I dismiss the Profiles Manager and then bring it back up, the profile name I had typed in is back in the "enter Profile Name" box.  However, the Global Profiles never has any effect on the radio.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I can't get global profiles to work either.
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Write a reply   My Flex is a 6300 but I just chatted with a friend who has a 6500 and his has the same problem - no Global Profiles.  Transmit Profiles works perfectly.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Looks like the first global profile I saved is also showing up under the Transmit profile list. But the 2nd global profile I created is not showing up in the transmit list. Both show up in the Global profile list as expected.
  • PAØGDW
    PAØGDW Member
    edited October 2015

You have to go to your Frequency and band what you are willing to save in Global Profile..

just typing a frequency or band does not work..

i have 3 Global Profiles on 80m and 1 on 160m...and with the Profile manager you can recall this settings... its working fine..

73 Gerben PAØ0GDW

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Looks like the first global profile I saved is also showing up under the Transmit profile list. I'm pretty sure I didn't save a transmit profile yet but maybe I did and forgot, so take that with a grain of salt... The 2nd global profile I saved isn't in the transmit profile list though.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited December 2016
    Certain non-alphanumeric characters are not allowed when saving a Profile.  Perhaps this is what's going on?
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Mine just suddenly started working and is saving Global Profiles fine. I don't have any idea what changed but I am glad to see it working.
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Write a reply   Mine still doesn't work at all.  even with just one or two characters.  Nothing has ever shown up in the profile list box. 
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I made a change and clicked on my first saved global profile called "2-Pan" in the global list, clicked Save so that I could save my updates. Now in the Transmit profile list, the "2-Pan" that was showing up there now says "*2-Pan" (with an asterisk added to the front). This is probably off topic from the original thread topic but since it's related to profiles, figured I'd just add it here.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    edited December 2016
    This is actually how it was designed.  A Global Profile also saves the current TX settings at that time as well.

So if you setup up your your radio a certain way and saved a Global Profile called "MyProfile", there would be a TX Profile automatically created called "MyProfile" with the current TX settings saved.

In the future, when you choose to load the Global Profile "MyProfile", it will restore your TX settings as well.  Of course you can now load your own TX Profile at this time, or delete the TX Profile called "MyProfile" you don't want to use it again.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    edited December 2016
    The asterisk (*) before the TX Profile name indicates that unsaved changes have been made to the TX Profile.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Paul - Do a reset of the persistence database as described on page 6 of the SmartSDR v1.3 Release Notes in the Known Issues, Caveats and Limitations section.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ah, got it, thanks! I wasn't sure if the asterisk was because something had changed, or if it was because of a name conflict. Thanks for the clarification!
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Write a reply   Tim, I did a reset of the persistence database and now it all works correctly.  Thanks for the help.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I am glad to hear that fixed you up.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    If you can not save a global profile, reset of the persistence database as described on page 6 of the SmartSDR v1.3 Release Notes in the Known Issues, Caveats and Limitations section.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.