Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Global Profile saves what?

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Is there a listing of what items the Global Profile doesn't save?  I believe it doesn't save waterfall split position, arrangement of panes on the TX panel, and others.  It would be nice to know so I don't waste time trying to save things that are not included.

Thanks!

73 de K1ESE

John

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Global Profiles save the "radio" state, not the configuration of GUI (display) elements, since the radio can have multiple types of clients connecting to it.

Refer to the answer in this post for more detail:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/saving_panadaptor_profiles
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Tim -

That clears it up.  Thanks!

73 de K1ESE
    John

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I still wonder what is actually saved in the "Global" profiles. 1.8x seems to have improved retention of the properties of profiles via the desk top but the Maestro didn't improve much. I wish we could have a list of what the software is designed to save for both the pc desktop and the Maestro. I followed the thread above but it is 2 years old. My interest extends to the "Diversity" mode as I routinely us it.

I wish I was a tester as it seems that the Diversity mode doesn't get thoroughly tested prior to release. I'm guessing but if it does, the identified fixes are not implemented because of priorities. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

ka7gzr 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The data elements stored in the different profiles are documented in the SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide.

Nothing is saved on the PC other than a few program specific parameters, like screen size and location.  Everything else is stored in the radio.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks Tim!

Using the list provided in SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide I will provide items that are not working and submit a "Help" request. This list is different between the Windows application and the Maestro.

Thanks again

Jim

ka7gzr

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Global Profiles save the "radio" state, not the configuration of GUI (display) elements, since the radio can have multiple types of clients connecting to it.
    Precisely why sub-folders should be added to Global Profiles as suggested in another thread,
    Mic Profile Subdirectories. Saving display settings in a profile would be surely welcome. I use Maestro with ethernet and on the fringe of my wifi where I have to reduce the display FPS and waterfall rate, and then day and night-time use. Then you do this on one band or several then go back to ethernet use and have to manually re-adjust the display setting again for each band. Becoming a headache honestly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.