Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Getting K9DUR's Voice Keyer Program to Work Properly With DAX and Flex-6500

Options
Gary Robertson - KY5R
Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been unsuccessful in getting K9DUR's Voice Keyer program to operate correctly using DAX on my Flex-6500. In the Software Hardware setup panel, I am using DAX Audio TX 1 to send messages to my radio and DAX Audio RX 1 to monitor messages. I am using COM 6 for PTT. When I click a message box in the Voice Keyer program, it will key up my Flex-6500 but there is no message being sent. i.e., no modulation. Has anyone had success in getting the Voice Keyer program to operate correctly. I did get Fldigi to work just fine.

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Gary, E-mail me directly at k9dur@arrl.net & I will help you. When I first got the alpha version of SmartSDR with DAX, I set up VoiceKeyer just to see if it would work but have not had a chance to do any extensive testing. It worked fine for me. The first thing I see is that you are trying to use DAX Audio RX1 to monitor messages. That will not work. The monitor messages function is used to route the TX audio to your computer sound card so you can hear the messages as VoiceKeyer is sending them. DAX Audio RX1 is for hearing off the air signals during receive. But VoiceKeyer only sends messages during transmit. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I tried briefly the other day and was able to get audio from Ray's voice keyer to go to the transmitter, but haven't found a way to have the voice keyer work and have the mike available also without flipping back and forth between mike inputs. Is there a way to get the 6500 to do this automatically? I would like to be able to have the voice keyer key the rig and send via DAX and have the BAL mike muted, and then when I hit the footswitch, the mike overrides anything the voice keyer is sending. Is this implemented yet? I can't wait to start using Ray's nice voice keyer program again.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ken, The way it was supposed to work was that when you pressed the microphone PTT button or asserted PTT through the rear panel connector, then DAX was supposed to be muted & the TX audio was to revert back to the previously-selected source (e.g. - MIC or BAL).. However, this does not appear to be working correctly. DAX is muted, but there is no audio from the microphone. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks, Ray. Sounds like a simple fix to me. Perhaps they will fix it before the January release. As you describe it, that should work great! I couldn't even get that going on PowerSDR on my 1500. Does "previous source" include eq and compressions? I should assume so. BTW... I noticed a tiny amount of audio on the display when ptt asserted. But not enough to do anything. I hope they get this fixed soon. It will be a great addition. Now if they can just get CW send via the com port along with ptt........
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ken, Yep, I do hope they get it fixed soon. Yes, previous source would include eq & compression. Not sure why you could not get that working in PowerSDR. All you need to do is select the Audio|VAC1 tab on the Setup form & make certain that the "Allow PTT to override/bypass VAC for phone" checkbox is checked. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I could get working, but the TX profile always stayed the same. So if I was doing sstv, and hit the mike, then my audio was flat, as determined by my Digital TX profile. It worked fine with voice keyer.....I guess I was mixing issues that are similar but different.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.