Getting it ALL to work together

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
I've had my Flex 6500 a couple of months. When I ordered it I wanted to use HRD and have my Icom amp and SteppIR Antenna change bands along with the Flex as they did with my PROIII. After a lot of frustration I finally figured out how to make all that happen. I called Neal Campbell at http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/. Neal provides Flex radio setup for a very reasonable fee in a couple of different plans.

After 2+ hours on TeamViewer he had all the software working together beautifully. He even figured out that with the latest version of DDUtil we didn't need to run Mini-Deluxe. He also fixed a couple of thorny issues related to my Windows 7 computer. Along with all of that he was able to answer my questions and he resolve several misunderstandings I had about how DDUtil works and how it needs to be" wired up". He is a great guy with an enormous amount of knowledge about computes and Flex radios (I think he owns 4 Flexs). He is a pleasure to work with and I now have the radio I wanted.
Photo of Mike - W7TUS

Mike - W7TUS

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 475 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
What a nice post Michael! Thank you so much!