Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Getting unhandled error (non-ui thread) v1.4

Mike
Mike Member
I am getting an error in v1.4. I have included two screen shots. One the error and the other my system information. I get this error when I click on the available radio. Sometimes it will open ok and later the error will happen. If I reboot the computer it will work for a short time and then error again. I am running with the radio connected to my network and the computer is using Wi-Fi. I am not using the radio in the remote setting.imageimage

Comments

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Add one more vote for this identical error message.  Keeps occurring every minute or so after the 1.4 upgrade.  Running a single slice and have a flexcontrol knob.  No operator interaction is occurring when the system errors other than an occasional SSB transmit.  Running Win7 64bit using BootCamp on high-end i7 Mac Mini.  FLDigi and Log4OM are also running on the installation.

The radio is halting frequently, may need to go back a release if this is not resolved quickly.

Feel free to ask any questions for help in diagnosing the issue.  Ron
    K2RAS
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are aware of this issue and are investigating.  You can try connecting the FlexControl into a different USB port and see if that makes a difference.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Is the radio actually halting, which would display a disconnect popup message, or just momentarily freezing for less than 15 seconds?
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

I am getting a less than a second stutter sometimes before the actual unhanded error popup occurs.  After the popup the program completely halts immediately or shortly thereafter.

Ron

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    FYI, the problem still appears after a radio hardware reset, no FlexControl attached, and no transmission activity.  The radio is direct connected to the computer with no remote operation.  

I plan on reverting to release 1.3.8 because the radio is not stable in this configuration.

Ron
    K2RAS
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    V1.4 is very stable. but may not be stable in your configuration. It would be best to work on this and find out what it is. This 1.4 just has too many good upgrades to revert back and loose them.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Ron - please open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can figure out what is happening with your upgrade.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for following-up.  I went back to 1.3.8 and then upgraded to 1.4 and the system seems more stable.  There have been a couple of errors but nothing consistent worth generating a ticket for.  I will enter a ticket if something comes up.

Thanks, Ron K2RAS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.