Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Getting Bandmaster V to talk to Flex 6700???

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
I have the Bandmaster V hooked directly to the Flex 6700 read USB ports.  I have READ the USB guide and their is NOTHING in it about the Bandmaster V.  I tried Band data, BIt BCD CAT and none talk to the Bandmaster V.  I have the baud rate at 9600 for both.  Does anyone know how to get these two to talk to one another????
Thanks 
Peter

Answers

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OK good grief I figured it out....they sent a BAD USB cable can you believe that?  
    For those in the future who need to use the Bandmaster V its quite straight forward.

Hook your USB cable from the Bandmaster DIRECTLY to the Flex 6700

Power on the Bandmaster, go to setup, go to setup radio, choose Flex Radio (knwd) ...that's how it looks

Go to SmartSDR, go to settings ( top of screen on left ), choose USB Ports
    pick one and setup a CAT connection.  Choose "TX SLICE" do NOT touch the default baud rate or bits, the radio and Bandmaster both default to 9600, 8,N,1 

Go back to the band master, you should now see band data.

Go back to setup, then assign the antennas per band.  You'll do that by walking through the bands in SmartSDR, the bandmaster will follow you, assign the appropriate number...where you tied your antenna to the back of the bandmaster, to each band.  Its a OK if you have a multiband beam to assign multiple bands to that beam.

Your done.
    Enjoy
    Peter
    W2PP
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Oh, one last thing, when you are programming the bands be SURE that the TX is active in each band you program else, no data is sent to the Bandmaster!!
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Glad you got it figured out Peter. The Bandmaster V looks like a neat product. I can see some definite advantages over DDUtil and a Denkovi relay board driving my RATpak antenna switch. Guess I will have to add that to my list...

Craig, KØCF
  • AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Peter, what are you using as an antenna switch?  Can the Bandmaster switch two separate slices on different bands at the ant swt?
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I’m using a DXEngineering switch. No one antenna only. Unless you have two Bandmasters on their own network and two switches.
  • AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    So the Bandmaster can't take the 2nd slice on Ant B into an 2x8 antenna switcher for separate antennas/separate slices?   
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Nope you need 2 of them ties together which I do here
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think that the 4O3A Antenna Genius 8x2 will do that. I have the 8x1 and it works beautifully with my 6500. Available from Flex and Vibroplex in the USA.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bibroplex also sells them. I have one on order. Was supposed to be on weeks ago
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Peter

If you can add a bit more to the solution, I will get it formatted and add it to the usb guide for you.  I don't have one, so I really can't test your instructions.  

Mike

• AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭

Wondering if anybody had luck connecting Flex Radio 6700 with SureFire Radio BF-100 Bandpass Filter system and the SureFire Radio MIC-7 Multi-interface controller to be used as SO2R with a 4O3A Antenna Genius antenna switch.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you, 73, Alex AK1MD

• AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭

Wondering if anybody had luck connecting Flex Radio 6700 with SureFire Radio BF-100 Bandpass Filter system and the SureFire Radio MIC-7 Multi-interface controller to be used as SO2R with a 4O3A Antenna Genius antenna switch.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you, 73, Alex AK1MD

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Sorry its been so long I can't remember.

Peter

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Peter

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.