Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Getting audio out of the 6300

Options
Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I guess I'm not understanding something... My 6300 is sitting downstairs in the shack hardwired., On my notebook I installed SmartSDR. I can connect and control the radio just fine. My question is how to get audio to my notebook? When I bring up SmartSDR I cannot check the remote option. I can only check that AFTER I have connected to the radio. But regardless of if I check that or not on my notebook I cannot hear any audio from the 6300 at all. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple but I guess I figured that id didn't really matter where I ran SmartSDR and connected to the radio that I would get audio on that computer. Am I just missing it or some setting or am I completely out to lunch?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ensure your laptop speakers are the default audio device - Remote Audio will send to the default device. And make sure your volume is turned up.

Good luck!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Check, check double check and still no go. Currently my default output device is my headphones. I have remote enabled on SmartSDR. Checked volumes on everything. I hear system sounds no problem. No audio from radio. I've also played with the audio controls at the top right of SmartSDR. No luck.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you want it to play audio on your notebook be sure the default audio device on the notebook is the speakers in the computer. We are not talking about on smart sdr but in your sound settings for the computer.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ok a reboot seemed to take care of that. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Can you try setting the default audio device (using Windows Control Panel) to the notebook's internal speakers? Also check to make sure the speaker is not muted in SSDR (the settings for mute & level are independent between Remote Audio and speaker/headset). 
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Glad it played for ya! Enjoy.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.