Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

General Speaker Mute

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in New Ideas

In the "Good" Old Days you plugged in your headphones and it automatically muted the speaker.  With PWRSDR you are presented with a mixer matrix so you can choose to which device (s) get the audio.  SSDR allows you to mute individual slices but you need to turn down the General Speaker Audio if you want to reduce the audio to the speakers on new slices.

It would be really convenient if there was a General Speaker Mute Function similar to the Speaker Mute Function on each individual slice.    That way one would not have to be concerned when wearing headphones and opening a new slice that blasts audio around the house and waking up the gremlins...

0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Left click on the speaker icon in the upper right corner of SSDR, and voila, general speaker mute.  Headphones work the same way.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I had tried right clicking like it works for slices. Never tried Left Click. TNX. now I can operate at Nite.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, there is some inconsistencies in terms of user interface on certain things.  I think it should be right click for both.
  • Roger Rockwell/na4rr
    Roger Rockwell/na4rr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Michael.  Thats one of the things I've overlooked and can put to use.

Roger
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    In the slice menu, a right click opens and closes the drop down so we had to use a left click for just this one function.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.