Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GEN returns!

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am surprised that there hasn't been any comments regarding the return of the GEN band button in SmartSDR v1.1.3.  Well, it is back.  Rock on all you GEN band aficionados!!!

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Sounds great using line output, audio sucks using the DAX
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The DAX audio output is intended for digital mode operation primarily on DIGU, DIGL, USB and LSB; not normal listening.  If you are demodulating AM the full bandwidth will not be passed.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I saw your comment, but since no one replied, I thought I'd stir the **** a little ;-)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

The VAC 2.1 program sounds great on the 3000/5000. Also since 1.1.3, the audio levels on the DAX decreased by a discernible amount and it has way too much base response on SSB and It sounds more distorted. I use the third party program Remaud to remote the audio through the DAX.

Jim, K6QE

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    LOL, Tim. Nice touches all around on 1.13. By the way, the MARS mod is working properly, now. Many thanks!

• W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited March 2017
    Tim, I have had some problems with GEN, WWV and 160M bands, I hope to Doc the problems in the next few days can I send you what I find, I have had problems when I open three pan adapters with GEN 160M and another band then close the pan adaptors and go back to 160m single pan adaptor I have had various little problems. W0QKL
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I do need to know the sequence of events and a description of the failure so we can reproduce it.
  • W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited February 2014
    Tim, Here is one of the sequences I use. 20M 1st pan adaptor 160m 2nd pan adaptor WWV 3rd pan adaptor (15Mhz) 17M 4th pan adaptor now close pan adaptor 4,3,2 Open 160m on pan adaptor 1 Open WWV on pan adaptor 2 Change frequency on pan adaptor 2 to (10 MHz) via the slice Now go to band on pan adaptor 2 and select Gen Band Let me know what happens W0QKL
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, I haven't quite figured out what to do with the GEN button. I think this topic needs a youtube demonstration. :-)
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I took it for granted...

I listen to my stations in LA (no that does not mean Lower Alabama) now that I reside in San Diego.

Thanks for bring it back!

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This post is not part of the original Praise post and needs to be made into a Problem topic. Please reference the new topic here: Problem Changing Bands
  • W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited February 2014
    I also use the GEN band to listen to stations out side the HAM bands, this gives me the ability to do so with out messing up the HAM band settings. Yes thank you for putting it back.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hey Tim great job in bring back the Gen button. I thought I would have to wait a while but flex guys came through. When we get memory function I will put all my swl freq in and will have the best swl reciever out there! Really it makes it look like the rest of the rigs out there and shuts up people looking for something wrong with the flex.
  • Mike - N8MSA
    Mike - N8MSA Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for bringing the GEN button back...
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lower Alabama! You **** me up, Ernest.
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm really glad you put GEN back in.  I've had some issues with it but it's nice having persistence stored in GEN and not under one of the ham bands.

• Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited March 2014
    DAX:  I use it for a wireless USB headset.  When used for this purpose, it would really be nice if it was set up for normal listening.  It would be nice to have the same features as if I had a headset plugged into the front panel.  I'm hoping squelch is implemented within DAX as well.   Once again because I use a wireless headset attached to the PC via USB and not wired to the Flex 6700.

Another thing that would be nice is to have several slices directed to the same DAX channel.   Say I'm listening to 2 or 3 slice receivers, I'm using a wireless headset and would like to have all 3 of those channels directed to DAX 1 so I can listen to them. 

Its important to me, maybe not others though.  

More important would be to have things be a little more stable.  1.1.3 is great, but caused issues where the beta software before it had none.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.