Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FYI: Heil Gold Elite TX EQ settings with 6300

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I did some playing around with as many know microphone/TX EQ settings that I could find posted to this and other forums.  For my voice and Flex 6300 with Heil Goal Elite ("narrow position") the best audio reports have come from a very slightly tweaked profile for "RadioSport Wide M207".

Mic gain =73 
DEXP   = 60
PRO = Normal
63 =  +6
125 = +2
250 = +5
500 = + 3
1K = 0
2K = +4
4K = +6
8K = +4

This is for general "rag chew" .  I have not decided on a DX profile yet.

On a fairly quiet 17M QSO one report said "nice audio, nothing objectionable, not boxy, not squeaky, not DX, easy on the ear".

I'll take it.

Posting here in case I lose these settings and in case another person with same mic needs the info.

Andy K3UK 

Comments

• DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Andrew, you pretty much want to roll off the low end of that Heil mic, otherwise your audio will sound somewhat muffled. That means having negative EQs on the frequency range from 100 to 500 kHz. It lease 3-5 dB. The ramp up above 1 KHz is fine.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Doug, I will give them a try.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.